• Study Law in Detroit

Admitted Students

Open All | Close All


    Respond to your Offer of Admission

    Accept Your Offer

    Decline Your Offer

    • Withdrawal Form

    Character & Fitness

    In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar ExaminersYou may review the State Bar of Michigan's rules and guidelines at http://www.michbar.org/.


    Orientation: Aug. 24-26

    Orientation is required and will include full days of academic and social opportunities.

    Please check the orientation page often for updates (coming soon).  As more information becomes available, we will share it with you there. 

    We look forward to seeing you!


    First Year 101


    Student Visas

    Student visas are required for international students.

    Detroit Mercy Law supports students through the F1 student visa process.  Please make sure you have a valid passport, and submit a completed I-20 application and financial documentation by July 15.

    US JD I-20 Application – to be completed by international students enrolling in the US JD program

    Dual JD I-20 Application – to be completed by all students enrolling in the Dual JD program who are not dual citizens of the US and Canada

    Students who are not citizens of the US or Canada may need consular approval for student visas. If you are not a citizen of either country, please allow additional time for visa processing.  Visa eligibility is at the discretion of the US Department of Homeland Security and the Canadian Border Service Administration.  Please note that although you may qualify at the onset for a student visa, US and Canadian laws are subject to change and may impact your ability to continue your studies.

    Crossing Days

    Students who require a visa for enrollment are required to participate in crossing days with their immigration documentation.  Crossing days will be scheduled in mid-August and additional details will be communicated in advance.


    Financial Aid